BRU Coalition, founded by key organizations of the craft beer industry, have announced their on-going campaign to change the brewing industry for the better.
The BRU Coalition stands for Brewing, Respect and Unity.
Joining forces are, Cicerone Certification Program, Pink Boots Society, American Society of Brewing Chemists, Brewer’s Association (BA) and Master Brewers Association of the Americas (MBAA) to use their weight in the craft beer industry to do more than just acknowledge that change needs to happen. The difference with BRU is they are implementing trainings and measuring steps of improvement by adopting industry-wide set of best practices that are proven to reduce harassment, discrimination and violence.
BRU is committed to:
- Compiling and sharing tools and resources that enable industry members to adopt best practices.
- Implementing organizational Codes of Conduct noting the expected behavior of members and attendees at events organized by coalition members.
- Monitoring the adoption of best practices by respective constituencies.
- Offering reporting systems for their members (if applicable) to report inappropriate behavior of members
- Committing to ongoing conversation / roundtable at organization meetings.
- Seeking input from key subject matter experts and allied organizations.
- Committing to ongoing training for the leadership of each organization.
Keep an eye out for the progression of this brand new initiative created to uphold an equitable, safe, and inclusive brewing community.