It’s that magical time of year: Goose Island has released their list of new Bourbon County Stouts for 2021. While they aren’t released until Black Friday, that doesn’t mean we can’t speculate on how this year’s crop will turn out.
A few exceptions that stood out:
Bourbon County Classic Cola Stout – there is A LOT that could go wrong with this variant. Tons of ingredients from both aforementioned beverages, along with the barrel aging (of course). As a reluctant soda fan myself, I’m curious what nuances of the cola will come through and where the beer will be more dominant. Most importantly, IS IT RC COLA???*
Bourbon County Fourteen Stout – the Proprietors BCBS, if you are lucky enough to get a bottle, is an unforgettable beer moment. The only way for Goose Island to top that is to reach back into their cellar and pull out the 2014 edition! Made with cassia bark, cocoa nibs, panela sugar syrup and coconut water, this is probably the crown jewel of this year’s haul.
Here is the full list of what’s coming:
- Bourbon County Stout
- Bourbon County Cherry Wood Stout
- Bourbon County Reserve 150 Stout
- Bourbon County Double Barrel Toasted Barrel Stout
- Bourbon County Reserve Blanton’s Stout
- Bourbon County Classic Cola Stout
- Bourbon County Fourteen Stout (ABV undisclosed)
- Proprietor’s Bourbon County Stout (ABV undisclosed)
*It’s NEVER RC Cola