When COVID hit, breweries had to adapt after being limited to takeout only. So most breweries started shipping their product direct to consumers via flat rate UPS shipping. Breweries like Tired Hands and Levante began shipping beer prior to the pandemic, but it became the norm when the states closed indoor dining. Now you can add yet another Pennsylvania brewery to the long list of breweries with shipping. Human Robot, of Philly’s Kensington neighborhood, started shipping their product.
Human Robot specializes in heavily hopped IPAs and classic pilsners. However, their “Splash” series of heavily fruited sours are not available for shipping. They must be kept cold due to the risk of explosion. Below is their current selection of beers available for shipping:
- Burgenstraße – 5.2% Franconian Style Zwickelbier
- Future Embrace – 8% Double IPA with Simcoe and Mosaic hops
- Il Cielo – 4.5% Italian-Style Pilsner
- Hallertau Pils – 5.2% German-Style Pilsner
- Twilight Campfighter – 9% Imperial Stout with Crillio Cacao Beans and Bourbon Whiskey Coffee Beans
You can place orders for shipping to Pennsylvania and DC here. They also sell a variety of merchandise including glassware. There is a $15 flat rate shipping fee for beer shipping. Click here to view their on-site draft list.